On March 21, 2009 in a dedication ceremony attended by some 100 members of the DESERT EXPLORERS of the Mojave River Valley Museum Association, FREEMAN HALL was officially dedicated as an assembly facility adjunct to Nippeno Camp & Conference Center fulfilling a long standing need as a place for groups in residence at Nipton to convene and meet.
DESERT EXPLORERS - MARCH 21, 2009
EVENING ASSEMBLY - HISTORY OF NIPTON
FREEMAN HALL is envisioned as a multi-purpose facility adaptable to accommodate meetings, seminars, workshops, weddings and other group gatherings. The building itself includes an 1800 square foot assembly area and has two restrooms with handicap access located on the north end of the hall.
In addition, there is a paved and lighted 1800 square foot outside gathering area affiliated with the Hall all within a fenced compound allowing numerous vehicles immediate access and parking next to the facilities.
FREEMAN HALL has been adaptively remodeled from the original K-8 community school house in Nipton, which served the Ivanpah Valley and surrounding region in the period circa 1930 through 1960. In its contemporary embodiment, incorporating a large well lit open space with attached lavatory facilities, a variety of groups may gather and pursue their focus and purposes.
Desert Explorers Nipton History Presentation and Silent Auction
Ladies Spring Art Retreat